So as you know we had a family vacation last week and our little man did amazing! I think there were a few things that definitely helped our trip to be a success.
- Ergo-best thing we brought by far! I was able to wear him through security at the airport which was helpful to have your hands free. Also we didn’t bring a stroller so walking around the cities he hung out in the Ergo which let him take naps when he wanted and to look around when he was awake.
- Dried organic fruit-kept all of us going since when you are traveling it’s hard to find healthy, baby friendly food.
- Aden and Anais blankets, we use these at home for sleep and to cover the car seat, I think having these around helped keep a little bit of home with him when he was sleepy.
- Grovia diaper covers I had 4 that I took on the trip and about 50 disposable liners. Everyday he wore one and I carried one and a bunch of liners while the other two dried in the hotel. At night he was in a full disposable diaper. This was a really good compromise for us, since we are an exclusive cloth family at home.
- Baby Legs-our weather was funky and one day it was in the 60′s and misty and the next it was in the 100′s with beating down sun. The baby legs allowed us to bring extra clothes without the bulk. I brought two pairs, and on the day it was chilly he had them on his legs and arms since all I brought for him were rompers. Baby legs are also great if it’s sunny and you forgot the sunblock.
Those were our essentials for a successful trip, did I mention that we were gone for 8 days and were carry-on only with a baby? The most important thing I learned on our trip was to just go with the flow and try not to plan too much. In New York City and Boston we had some highlights that we definitely wanted to hit and a second list of nice to see but if our son wasn’t cooperating weren’t a big deal.